Cryptopolytech (CPT) Public Press Pass (PPP)
News of the Day COVERAGE
200000048 – World Newser
•| #World |•| #Online |•| #Media |•| #Outlet |
View more Headlines & Breaking News here, as covered by cryptopolytech.com
Why Louisiana Residents Need to Worry About Monkey Pox Again appeared on 710keel.com by News Radio 710 KEEL.
The Centers for Disease Control has issued a warning about a possible return of Monkey Pox this summer.
Here’s Information from the CDC Health Alert:
In the United States, cases of mpox (formerly monkeypox) have declined since peaking in August 2022, but the outbreak is not over. The CDC is continuing to get reports of cases that reflect ongoing community transmission in the United States and internationally. This week, CDC and local partners are investigating a cluster of mpox cases in the Chicago area. From April 17 to May 5, 2023, a total of 12 confirmed and one probable case of mpox were reported to the Chicago Department of Public Health.
In this alert, the CDC says all cases were among symptomatic men. None of the patients have been hospitalized. Nine (69%) of 13 cases were among men who had gotten two vaccine doses.
Who Is Getting MPOX?
“Confirmed cases were in 9 (69%) non-Hispanic White men, 2 (15%) non-Hispanic Black men, and 2 (15%) Asian men. The median age was 34 years (range 24-46 years). Travel history was available for 9 cases; 4 recently traveled (New Orleans, New York City, and Mexico).”
The CDC says vaccine immunity is not complete, but this does continue to be one of the most important prevention measures.
There is concern that we could see these numbers climb as more people gather for summer events and festivals. The CDC has issued this Health Update to inform clinicians and public health agencies about the potential for new clusters or outbreaks of mpox cases and to provide resources on clinical evaluation, treatment, vaccination, and testing.
Most of the patients who get mpox have mild disease, although some, particularly those with advanced or untreated HIV infection, may experience more severe outcomes.
Currently, the CDC does not recommend routine immunization against mpox for the general public.
Who Should Get the Vaccine?
Mpox vaccination should be offered to people with high potential for exposure to mpox:
– People who had known or suspected exposure to someone with mpox.
– People who had a sex partner in the past 2 weeks who was diagnosed with mpox.
– Gay, bisexual, and other MSM, and transgender or nonbinary people (including adolescents who fall into any of these categories) who, in the past 6 months, have had
– A new diagnosis of one or more sexually transmitted diseases (e.g., chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis).
– More than one sex partner.
– People with HIV infection or other causes of immunosuppression who have had recent or anticipate potential mpox exposure.
– People who work in settings where they may be exposed to mpox.
– People who work with orthopoxviruses in a laboratory.
Top 10 Healthiest States
A new report says California is better than Idaho…at least when it comes to well-being.
FEATURED ‘News of the Day’, as reported by public domain newswires.
First to share? If share image does not populate, please close the share box & re-open or reload page to load the image, Thanks!